Garbage | Not Your Kind of People

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Garbage | Not Your Kind of People » Shirley » Ширли и M-A-C AIDS/HIV

Ширли и M-A-C AIDS/HIV

Сообщений 1 страница 20 из 29

Сегодня Ширли принимала чек от MAC AIDS в каком-то магазине в Эдинбурге:

[реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки]

[реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки]

выглядит шикарно - рыжая бестия вернулась
есть еще небольшое видео на http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVCGM6Bkqg

скоро должны показать репортаж об этом событии на канале stv (надеюсь его рипнут и выложат на ютьюб)

update: еще несколько фотографий (качество, к сожалению, не очень, но все же)
[реклама вместо картинки]  [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки]  [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки] [реклама вместо картинки]

Вау  :love: Давно мы её такой красавицей не видели

ПС к слову - на сайте http://www.macaidsfund.org/ можно посмотреть рекламный ролик с участием Ширлы

Отредактировано Pasha (10.04.2008 20:17)

классная)))

омг.... ах какая женщина...

ах...  не говорите.. слов нет.. одни эмоции от такого великолепия)))

Менсон рулит, а также бездельница, занимается чем ни попадя. Коллабо с Россдейлом ждём, а Maybe и вправду какая-то, не знаю, мутная...

а вот и интервью с мероприятия: http://rapidshare.com/files/106597231/sh.wmv

^^^ Ширла что-то говорит про лейбл и "нуар" (из соседней темы вестимо)

После вручения чека Ширли появилось уже несколько интервью, так что выношу все обсуждение в отдельную тему.
Для начала - полная версию интервью, показанная на канале stv

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SyLu4DJoQg4[/youtube]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SyLu4DJoQg4

А вот и еще новые интервью из газет и онлайн-изданий/версий

Daily Record, 11.04.2008

[реклама вместо картинки]

Shirley Manson album release at 'impasse' over new direction

SHIRLEY Manson has admitted her debut solo album has been put on hold after her record label described her music as "noir".

The Scots singer played her new material to bigwigs at Warner Bros records but says she has come to an "impasse" with the label, because she has "no interest in making silly pop music", or wearing "a silly sexy outfit".

It was hoped the former Garbage singer would release her new material this year but she is adamant her new tracks will represent her as an individual and not as a "corporate template".

She said: "I've been working on solo material but I don't actually have anything coming out, although I'm working on it. Unfortunately, I'm at a bit of an impasse with my record label.

"I played some of the stuff to them not long ago and they described it as being very noir. At the time, I took the comment as being a huge compliment. That they liked the intensity of my material. But then I realised it wasn't intended as a compliment.

"But I'm 41 - I'm a woman not a kid. I have no interest in making silly pop music and I don't want to wear a silly sexy outfit and sell myself short.

"I'm sure it will all get sorted out in the end. But I do think record companies, in general, have different ideas about how they promote women.

"In the end, it is down to each and every woman to fight to be treated as an individual. I just want to be who I am."

The Edinburgh-born star is a big fan of the new band of feisty female artists.

"I'm obsessed by Amy Winehouse, as is the entire world," she said.

"She is a bona-fide rock star to me - an incredible iconic figure and I find her exciting. But I do worry that she is going to self-destruct."

Last night, a spokeswoman for Warner Bros Records refused to comment.

As patron of the AIDS Charity Waverley Care, Shirley accepted £51,000 cheque from MAC Viva Glam on their behalf at Edinburgh's Harvey Nicols store yesterday.
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/entertainment-catch-all/2008/04/11/shirley-i-won-t-sex-up-86908-20378985/

The Scotsman, 12.04.2008

[реклама вместо картинки]

On the edge of her seat

'EURGH, I FEEL so uncomfortable!" complains Shirley Manson, squirming around on the minimalist sofa of the Harvey Nichols personal shopping suite, where the Scotsman's photographer has arranged her into what is, it has to be said, a fairly innocuous pose.
She leans forward, contorting her angular frame towards the camera and narrowing those luminous blue, kohl-rimmed eyes, but awkwardness is etched all over her face. The photographer tries a different tack, placing a flash gun to her right. "Side lighting? For a woman?" enquires Manson, raising an eyebrow. She looks over the photographer's shoulder and gives me a wink and I wonder, not for the last time during our encounter, whether she's being difficult on purpose.

After all, Manson's reputation does tend to precede her. As the gorgeous and surly frontwoman of Garbage, an American band with a huge following on both sides of the Atlantic, the Edinburgh native achieved worldwide success during the 1990s with hits such as Stupid Girl, I'm Only Happy When It Rains and Push It. She cultivated a spiky, don't-mess-with-me attitude that was only enhanced by her flame-red hair and outrageous statements, like the time she told a journalist she'd bought an orange Fender Stratocaster because it matched her pubic hair.

As soon as the photographer leaves the room, though, Manson starts to mellow. She admires my shoes and emits a sudden crackle of laughter when I tell her how much they cost (not a lot). We talk about Waverley Care, the Edinburgh Aids and HIV charity of which she is a patron of and to whom she has just presented a cheque for £51,000 on Harvey Nichols' shopfloor. This she has done on behalf of the M·A·C Aids Fund, for whom Manson was once a VIVA GLAM ambassador (promoting the range of MAC lipsticks whose proceeds go to support Aids projects).

"It's not a pretty charity and it's not a pretty disease," she says. "People are uncomfortable talking about it and, as a result, it's been swept under the carpet to a certain degree. There's a terrible stigma attached to it.

"I remember the huge furore about HIV and Aids in the early 1990s, and being really frightened. There was a fearful feeling about having unprotected sex. But young people now seem to be pretty lax about taking care of themselves."

Manson herself lives in Los Angeles these days, though she still has a house in Edinburgh. She says she's done with Garbage, for the moment at least. "I just got to the point where I couldn't sing Stupid Girl any more," she says wryly. "I'm far too smart for that."

For years now, rumours of a Manson solo album have hung in the air. An interesting slew of names has been connected with the project – everyone from Jack White of the White Stripes to Paul Buchanan of the Blue Nile, Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins and solo singer Beck. But whether some, all or none of these have been involved (Manson, in one of her more stubborn moments, refuses to elaborate), the project has hit the rocks.

"I had a lot of material, but unfortunately I played it for my record label and they thought it was very 'noir', which I took as a huge compliment until I got home and realised they didn't mean it as a compliment at all. As a result we're sort of at an impasse. I don't know what will happen. I think, maybe, they have a different idea of the kind of career I should have to the one that I want."

So what kind of career does she want?

"I'm 41," she says. "I'm a woman, I'm not a kid any more. I'm not interested in getting up in a short skirt and singing a pop song. Unfortunately, record labels feel that's what they need in order to have success. Look at Madonna. She's still having to churn out pop hits and she's 50. I don't think that's right.

"I've had a really successful career. I don't really need to do anything for money and I certainly have no intention of doing that. I just want to live a creative life and sing songs that have some meaning for me personally."

She says she remains very proud of the solo music she's written, and she's hopeful it'll see some sort of release in the future. But with the album on the back burner for the moment, she's been working on "a couple of collaborations" – she declines to reveal who with – and having a sort of middle-aged gap-year by going travelling.

"I wanted to go to all the places I never went with the band, because otherwise you just feel like you're working. I went to Laos, which was incredible, and to India and Bhutan. They're really off the beaten track and it was an incredible experience. Going to these sorts of places really changed my perspective. You go to the Third World and you see children living on a traffic island and it's shocking. Really sobering."

Perspective has always been a difficult thing for Manson. She has struggled with body dysmorphia – an emotional disorder where the sufferer is crippled by constantly feeling ill-at-ease with their physical appearance, regardless of what they actually look like – since her teens. Growing up in Stockbridge, where she was both a Brownie and a Girl Guide, she also went through a period of self-harming.

"I look at my mum, who is 72 and has never had a stitch done to her face, and to me she looks beautiful. So I just have to remember her when I'm struggling with the image that looks back at me from the bathroom mirror. I just want to learn to live with myself. Because sooner or later, you have to."

It is, I think, a poignant thing to hear from someone so beautiful, and particularly from someone who has spent the past 15 years in the showbiz spotlight all around the world. But then, as she demonstrated earlier, posing for photographs has never come naturally to her. She admits that the condition is still an issue for her.

"I think to a certain degree I'll always have it," she says with candour. "But I see it in all my girlfriends as well. I mean, even someone like Gwen Stefani (a close friend of Manson's – the two have even performed together], who is undoubtedly a beautiful girl, is completely unsure of herself sometimes. Every woman I know is judging herself really harshly against pictures in magazines. It's ludicrous, because all these girls are either 12 years old or they're being Photo-shopped, yet we're beating ourselves up to look like that."

Manson is divorced from Edinburgh sculptor Eddie Farrell, whom she married in 1996 and maintained a strained, transatlantic relationship with until their split in 2001: she is now seeing someone in Los Angeles. "He's over there," she says with a don't-ask-me-any-more-about-it laugh. "I keep him over there."

While she's seemingly settled with a partner, motherhood is off the agenda. It's an issue she's clearly wrestled with.

"I don't want children and I don't know why. I wish I didn't feel like that… for some reason I feel guilty that I don't want to be a mum. I feel a wee bit funny about it, but…" she hesitates, and I can see her mentally listing her reasons.

"No," she says finally. "I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been round at a girlfriend's house and they're in their sweatpants and they're miserable and haven't washed their hair in a week and they've got baby sick all over their boobs and they're saying 'when are you going to have a child? It's great', and later I leave their house thinking 'thank God that's not my life'.

"I understand it's an incredibly fulfilling and wonderful experience, but I feel like I'd just be so neurotic the whole time. I've just adopted a rescue dog and I found that really stressful. I think having a child would just be too much."

She seems to understand herself pretty well these days. The dif
ficult rock chick who always looked like she'd steal your boyfriend and your favourite top is gone, replaced by a more serene, grown-up character. She might still borrow your favourite top, but she'd give it back eventually and she'd probably have washed it, too.

"Recently I've realised I'm a happy person, compared to the miserable person I used to be," she says, still looking surprised at the revelation. "I think age has helped, and obviously so has having a fulfilled career. I don't have that weird chip on my shoulder I used to have."

She produces another one of those surprising bursts of laughter and for a moment her whole face lights up. It's the expression the photographer was searching for all along.

All proceeds from MAC Viva Glam products go to help people affected by HIV/Aids. Fur further information please visit the MAC counter at Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh.

http://living.scotsman.com/features/On-the-edge-of-her.3975508.jp

http://vp.video.google.com/videoplaybac … amp;sver=2

Cсылка на это интервью в формате mp4

и еще:

Shirley refuses to bin personal touch

By SARAH HOWDEN
SHIRLEY MANSON doesn't want to get personal. In fact, even before the interview has been set up, it's been made clear that no probing questions will be allowed at all. None whatsoever. End of.
Interviewing celebrities is never easy. Certain questions make them uncomfortable. If you persevere, you run the risk of a brusque response or cutting the interview short. But talking to someone high-profile and media savvy with generic you've-heard-it-all-before answers isn't going to work.

So the e-mail almost a week before our meeting from the PR stating that no personal questions were allowed was disappointing. Surely the gutsy, glamorous singer of Garbage hasn't got all uptight since our last meeting just over a year ago when we discussed chippy sauce and getting drunk in the Grassmarket.

Strolling into Harvey Nichols 15 minutes before she's due to accept a cheque for £51,000 on behalf of Scottish Aids charity Waverley Care from the MAC Viva Glam Aids fund, the diminutive 41-year-old, who grew up in Stockbridge, is all smiles. No entourage, no publicist – just Shirley, perusing the MAC counter, laughing and joking with staff. Uptight, she is not.

Even when the cameras of photographers and fans flash furiously as she presents the cheque, Shirley happily poses, poses, and poses again. And so when we finally meet up, and she mentions that her parents were delighted to have been included in the article I wrote about their daughter last year, I decide to take the plunge and ask outright about the significance of the ring on her engagement finger.

"I think I forgot to take that off," she smiles, fingering the corker of a pear-shaped diamond ring. "No we're not engaged, although I suppose, technically-speaking, we are. No wedding plans, though."

Quickly, Shirley rephrases it. "No I'm not engaged. It's just a ring I like wearing." On your engagement finger, I question, teasingly. "It's just a lovely ring I like wearing. Gifted to me, from someone."

From a man? "What are you insinuating?" she roars with laughter. "Please don't make me talk about it."

I decided to leave it at that, but advised her to take the ring off before the photographers spot it too. Nothing in the world of celeb-dom is private anymore. And while it seems Shirley has managed to keep schtum about any relationship – no amount of Googling would reveal the name of her mystery man – there is an unrelenting appetite for information regarding celebrities' personal lives.

"It's ghastly," she says of the paparazzi intrusion. "It's really ugly, intrusive and not fair. Any average person would get protection. What's the difference?

"There has been a shift. Celebrities carry a certain amount of power and it's almost as if society are punishing them for this. When I look at what's happening to Britney Spears I think it's absolutely sickening. There is no compassion for a young girl in the throws of a mental illness. It's not funny."

She continues: "I think a person's private life should always remain private – unless you are a politician. If you put yourself up as a moral compass for society to follow. But if you're an artist or actor, I don't think you're signing up for that kind of intrusion.

"I'm not intensely private. I have a big mouth and I'm always shouting it off. But early on I realised it's very dangerous to allow the press into my true private life. You can avoid it. Unfortunately some celebrities learn it too late."

With an acclaimed career in the music industry spanning more than twenty years, sell-out shows around the world, double platinum-selling albums and industry awards galore, Shirley is somewhat of a veteran. So it came as no surprise that in 2007 she wanted a break to recharge those batteries.

"It's actually been a busy time since we last met," she says. "I've been writing and recording with a variety of different people – I'd rather not say who at this point – but a bunch of amazing people.

"I've been embattled with my record label who feel my music is a trifle too noir for their taste. When they told me 'it's very noir', I was like 'thank you' and it wasn't until I got home that I realised it wasn't a compliment.

"When you've been in a band as long as I have, it's very hard to find your own creative identity, so I've been busy. I've been travelling to Butang and India – on my own.

"I certainly think when you turn 40 you have to reinvent yourself to a certain degree. But I hate the phrase 'finding yourself'.

"I have a really exciting job that's allowed me to do amazing things, but after a while you do take it for granted. So that was part of the reason I took a break. You need time out to realise just how great you've got it."

Despite being based in LA, Shirley comes home as often as possible, returning to her house in Joppa. "This is just a flying visit," she explains. "My nephew was baptised on Sunday so I was doing all the family stuff. No work, just play. I go back on Saturday."

"It's a different world out there," she says. "There's a lot of amusing things. The other day I came out of the doctor's office and there was Liz Taylor. Later I saw Cher and Ben Affleck on the street."

It's refreshing – and rare – that a global star is so down to earth, and her charity work is inspiring.

She says: "I got signed on to MAC cosmetics (as a spokesperson] about eight years ago, and they recently had a sale of $100 million of Viva Glam lipsticks, which they sell to benefit charities. They were giving $100,000 to all their spokespeople to giv
e to the charity of their choice. So, being patron of Waverley Care, it was a natural choice.

"I have friends who are living with HIV and I've lost friends to Aids so it was something I felt a closeness too."

As Shirley chats away, you can't help but like the down-to-earth star. She admits to "bricking it" during a performance in New York in honour of Bono's charity work.

"I wouldn't change a damn thing," she says of her life. "Some people are frightened to move forward in case they make the wrong choices, but there are no right and wrong choices."

So, what's next? "More writing, more record company fighting and that's it. I'd like it out this year, but it depends who wins the battle of wills. Hopefully it will be me."

All proceeds from MAC Viva Glam products go to help people affected by HIV/Aids. For further information, please visit the MAC counter at Harvey Nichols

The full article contains 1147 words and appears in Edinburgh Evening News newspaper.
Last Updated: 11 April 2008 10:07 AM

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Shirley-refuses-to-bin-personal.3972929.jp

читайте. есть интересные факты - к примеру Ширли оказывается ездила в Индию и уже почти обручилась, но о личной жизни рассказывать не хочет (хотя мы-то понимаем,что речь идет о Билли Буше)
а также говорит, что с гарбами покончено, по крайней мере сейчас (так что ни о каком альбоме речь идти и не может)

Столько новой инфы! Спасибо!
Интервью грустное. Не люблю, когда она говорит про возраст и про то, что не хочет детей. Ну и про Гарбов тоже жалко. Хотя мне очень понравился этот колкий коммент про Stupid Girl)))
А кто такой Билли Буш? О_о первый раз слышу о таком.

А кто такой Билли Буш?

Звукорежиссер Смарт-студии, участвовал в записях всех гарбовских альбомов. Странно что ты первый раз слышишь О_о

Untouchable написал(а):

А кто такой Билли Буш? О_о первый раз слышу о таком.

Здрассте. Это один из сотрудников Smart Studios. Ширли часто упоминала его в своих дневниках. У меня сейчас в руках лицензионный диск Version 2.0 - там в буклетике значится ENGINEERED BY BILLY BUSH. Поищи по нашему форуму, где-то здесь были фотки его и Ширли.

Ну, я как-то не придавал этому значения. Она там столько всех упоминает. Но уж насчет романа даже не думал. Щас пойду посмотрю.

ой да.грусна чёта(

moorzilka написал(а):

а также говорит, что с гарбами покончено, по крайней мере сейчас (так что ни о каком альбоме речь идти и не может)

Что-то не нашел где это она говорит  :x

Pasha, She says she's done with Garbage, for the moment at least. ''I just got to the point where I couldn't sing Stupid Girl anymore'' she says wryly. ''I'm far too smart for that.''

ИМХ если дело вдруг таки дойдет до сольных концертов, без SG и других хитов Ширлу со сцены не выпустят  :D

Вы здесь » Garbage | Not Your Kind of People » Shirley » Ширли и M-A-C AIDS/HIV